Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Thought I Was Going To Wet My Pants...

I was randomly zipping around the internet (because there you have the whole world at your fingertips!) and found an article titled "Bold Dresses for the Bold Bride" or something to that effect. I thought I would see how styles have changed in the wedding world since I was a part of it many years ago. Not that I was a "bold" bride, but whatever.

As I am clicking through the slide show of pictures I am seeing lots of dresses that I would never in my wildest imagination dare to wear, though I do find intriguing. Then I happen upon this picture. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to wet my pants.




Now I can get over the yellow apron with black ink stains all over it. The dress as the bottom "layer" of the outfit seems like a dress that I would wear myself, should the occasion arise. I wonder is she knows that she is wearing a pin cushion for a bracelet? What really cracks me up is the fact that this poor woman apparently has one of two things (or two of two things) going on on her wedding day;

1- She is marrying a tyrant who won't even let her have their wedding day off from sewing clothes for all of the little elves that so painstakingly calligraphied (is that a word?) all of the wedding invitations by hand.

-or-

2- The poor woman's biological clock is ticking so loudly that she just wants to be done with it and let everyone know that, yes, she does realize that she is getting older and, yes, she does have babies on the brain. She, in fact, has so many babies on the brain that it is too difficult to even hold her head up straight.

Poor woman! I sure hope that the-seamstress-to-ink-spraying-elves-wife-of-a-tyrant can have kids soon so she can at least get that darned kink out of her neck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! How hilarious. That headpiece is over the top in more ways than one! If you don't want to wear a veil, that's ok, you don't have to substitute it with something so clever!

Ashley said...

OH MY WORD. Is this for real?? What the crap? I don't know how the model could keep a straight face in the pic. I'm glad you weren't this bold of a bride because I don't think I could have kept from giggling on your special day. Thanks for designing the dress you did 'cause you were a beautiful bride!:-)