Thursday, August 5, 2010

Warning- I Have My Mom Hat On!!

Tomorrow I will be the mother of a 1st grader.

Tomorrow I will be the mother of a 1st grader who doesn't want his mom to take him to his first day of school... he wants Daddy to take him. Ultimately, I think this is what is best, considering that last year he cried every morning and sometimes had to be physically taken to the classroom which broke my heart every single day. If he goes with Daddy, he will give him a "See ya", and be off.

Please don't think I'm a horrible mother who is sending her son off into the great unknown of the 1st grade. I did get to go to visit the classroom, meet the teacher, and sit through school wide, mandatory 40 Minutes of Torture "K-12 orientation". The classroom is really cute, his teacher seems super nice- she even greeted him by name when we walked in the classroom!!, and he already has friends in the class. The reality of it is he is 2 doors down from his class last year, and this feels like old-hat to him.

Why am I even spending time on this? I think because it's going to be way more dramatic for me than it is for the Boy. Shoot, it already has been!

No comments: