Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Call Me Hermit

I informed Husband today that I am going to cancel everything for the next week. I'm not going anywhere unless it is strictly necessary.

My brilliant plan is to use this week long block of time to get all of the little projects done around the house that have been bugging me.

Things like folding 13 loads of laundry; Cleaning out the closet in our bedroom so that we are no longer attacked by the exercise equipment "resting" there (my theory is that since we are not moving it, it is trying to move us... how's that for a creepy thought??!); Vacuuming the outdoor carpet on the screen porch; Scrubbing the funny looking spot at the very top of the 9 foot high wall in the hall; Cleaning the little ledge on the tops of all of the baseboards. Okay, so you get the point.

Do you know what the problem is with my brilliant plan? I have already had not one, but two weeks of having everything cancelled.

Did I get any of these things done? Not one! But I did get to hang out with my kiddos and The Hubs and make some really cool family memories.

I guess 2 extra weeks of wearing protective gear when venturing into the closet was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worth it - but now in the same spot.
How come we can't have excessively good self-discipline and free time at the same time. That would be a good balancing act!